Friday, March 5, 2010

you can leave your hat on...


They say that Italians do it better, and in Moschino's case, I wholeheartedly agree. I know that their Fall 2010 collection is a tad over the top, and I certainly won't be donning a black cowboy hat anytime soon, yet I'm somehow drawn to its larger-than-life aesthetic. It feels as though designer Rosella Jardini was channeling the supermodels of the late 80's/early 90's that I grew up worshiping when designing this collection... you know, those strong, powerhouse women who wore whatever they liked and made it look fierce? Yeah, them. I'm pretty sure that if I were of age during that time, I would be sporting similar looks... in fact, my thrifting partner-in-crime, Jen, reminds me of this every time we shop together! I imagine that I would have rocked the long, ruffled black dress, camel trench, leather skirt suit, and Chanel-esque ensemble the most back then, complete with teased hair, heavy makeup and flashy gold jewelry... doesn't that sound divine? For now I suppose I'll simply admire Moschino's collection and dream of what could have been...
Images courtesy of Style.com