Friday, October 29, 2010

little purchases...

Photobucket

Sometimes when you can't go shopping, even though you want to so badly, buying a few little things can really cheer a girl up... am I right? That's what happened to me the other day. I was feeling overwhelmed by school and desperately needed a little pick me up... Enter Shoppers Drug Mart. I don't know what it is, but looking at beauty products and magazines has this remarkable ability to restore my sense of goodwill. I had yet to pick up my copy of Nylon this month (I know, tisk tisk), so buying that, along with a bottle of Essie's Sew Psyched, cheered me right up!

Photobucket

My lovely friend Holly gave me the most adorable hair clips and headband when she visited last weekend, and I bought myself a little necklace at Urban Outfitters with the initial 'A' on it (the first initial of Mr. AIF's name, of course!). All these little purchases (and gifts) made me feel like myself again, all the while breathing life onto my nightstand, accessory drawer, and fingertips... Apparently you can buy happiness.