Wednesday, January 12, 2011

a winter's tale...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These might just be my favourite photos of all time, taken over the holidays while still in Vancouver. We went for a walk with Mr. AIF's lovely mother to Jericho Beach, the most stunningly beautiful place you could ever imagine... it has nothing, however, on the duck pond and bridge located next to it.

The pond glistened in its icy serenity, while the reeds that flanked it stood tall and stoic, slightly powdered with a touch of frost. The ducks slipped and fell as they scrambled to gobble up the crumbs people threw them, children ran about playfully, and bundled-up couples strolled hand in hand, revelling in the beauty of nature. It was perfect.

I didn't have my camera with me, and cursed myself for not coming prepared... honestly, Vickie! So the very next day we went back, camera in tow, to snap some outfit shots against the most magical of magical backdrops. I seriously froze, but it was so worth it... I hope you guys like them! xx

Outfit details: dress- H&M; belt and boots- thrifted; necklace- Pyrhha; jacket- Sirens; scarf- gifted