Sunday, December 27, 2009

what the??




OK, I hate to be mean, but since when is Lindsay Lohan a designer? Who in their right mind would think to themselves "oh, that Lindsay Lohan has such a strong sense of style and a great eye for trends- I know, let's make her a creative advisor!"? Um, apparently the house of Ungaro did... I know that this isn't exactly breaking news (the collection came out in October during Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2010), but it's something that has been bothering me for a while now. I know, I know, countless celebs are flocking to add "designer" to their lists of credentials, but who amongst us honestly takes their lines (with maybe the exception of Gwen Stephani) seriously? Paris Hilton has a collection of her own too, but you don't see her stuff at any Fashion week, do you? Just because Miss Lohan created a line of- in my opinion- mediocre leggings (dubbed 6126 after Marilyn Monroe's birthday) does not mean that she's ready for the big guns... I'm a little appalled that the Ungaro people brought her aboard to collaborate with Estrella Archs (a cheap publicity stunt to be sure), and I'm certainly not alone in my disdain for the collection. Woman's Wear Daily stated: "As for the clothes, they looked cheesy and dated…. Hot pink, orange and flashy, with an overworked heart motif relentless in its execution...". Um, duh! If anyone knows fashion it's WWD, so if you're listening Ungaro, please find a new, legitimate creative advisor already... geez.
Images courtesy of www.gettyimages.com