Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Erica Domesek, you are so my hero!


I'm a big fan of DIY... after all, is there anything more satisfying than identifying a trend and recreating it all by your lonesome? Me thinks not. And as far as I'm concerned, Erica Domesek is the queen of doing it yourself. Her website is a constant source of awe and inspiration... seriously. In fact, I'm pretty sure she's the coolest, most resourceful chick out there! Just look at this necklace she created for Helmut Lang's Spring collection... sheer awesomeness. The collaboration includes necklaces, bracelets, and scarves crafted from leather, denim, and t-shirt material, which sounds pretty darn good to me. I'm so inspired that I think I may just have to make one for myself... sorry Erica, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?